Saturday 12 May 2007

Instant clay pot chicken rice

This is yet another easy and quick meal. My final exam for my obstetrics and gynecology rotation is just around the corner. Therefore, with limited time on my hands for my meals and trying to eat healthy (i've been good k, been trying my best to avoid instant noodles and leaving that as my last resort) i decided to make 'clay pot chicken rice' but in the microwave.




Ingredients
2 breast fillets
1 1/2 cups rice

Vegetables of your choice
1 tsp oil garlic and ginger

2 tbs oyster sauce 2tbs soya sauce
1 tsp black pepper
2 eggs

2 cut red chilies
5 pieces of dried fish

Fried onions for garnishing



Start of by cooking your rice in the microwave on 'power high" for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cut your chicken up into cubes. You can use any part of the chicken you like. My sister and i only like the taste and texture of breast fillets so that's what we use in our cooking.
















Cut your vegetables up too. I used mushrooms, broccoli and carrot.

Place 2 tsp of oil, garlic and ginger in a small bowel and power heat it for 1 minute. Add the garlic, chicken ,seasonings and your remaining ingredients into your rice and cook it for another 10 minutes. Add your egg , in the last 2 minutes before your rice finishes cooking. CABOOM ! your dinner is ready to be eaten.

i cheated a bit when i cooked this time. i'm quite fussy about my chicken being cooked really really well and without a chickeny(i don't even know if its a word) smell. If you know what i mean. Therefore, i precooked the chicken with the seasoning and then added it in.



Try it !

No comments: