Wednesday 11 July 2007

SUGA HIGH!!!


Day-o, day-ay-ay-o
Here i come with a banana cupcake recipe!
Hey, i say ba-na-na, i say ba-na-na-na-na
na-na-ay-O
Here i come with another cupcake recipe!
Work all night on baking lil cupcakes
(Daylight come and i wanna bake more) Stack banana till thee morning come (Daylight come and i wanna bake more)


HALOOO everybody!! I think im on a sugar-high mode or should i say cupcake-high mode..*hehe*
My rotation in hospital now is such a bludge which is really nice for a change. I'm not complaining one bit! I think my parents are getting a tiny bit worried though that every time they call me I'm at home or shopping..everywhere but hospital. But deep down they know i'm a good kid and will never skip classes. My sister until today still makes fun of me and thinks i'm a SUPER nerd..oh well.. i'm used to it by now.
Anyway, back to the main topic of my post..i baked again AND with company. I was flicking through a few cupcake books, burning a few of my brain cells away and trying hard to decide on what to make. I seriously just felt like baking EVERYTHING!!!!



I guess you might be thinking to yourself..she's such a bimbo and can't even make a simple decision. But really, it can be difficult.. I guess all mothers around the world feel my pain everyday in the kitchen, trying real hard to decide on what to cook for dinner. CHOICES , CHOICES and more CHOICES. Monica, my baking partner in crime came home early yesterday as well and was in a baking frenzy too.

Finally, the verdict was to bake banana crumb muffins and some chocolate muffins with the Baileys icing that i used for my mocha cupcakes! see i do keep to my words when i wrote last in my post that i was going to try the Baileys icing on chocolate cupcakes!
The banana crumb muffins were REALLY moist and the crumb topping gives it the extra CRUNCH!




Being chocoholics, we added chocolate chips to the batter. The recipe is from a blog called
baking bites.



Banana Crumb Muffins
Muffin batter:
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
3 tbsp vegetable oil
½ cup buttermilk
1 egg
2/3 cup (2 medium) mashed bananas, divided
1 tsp vanilla

Crumb topping:
½ cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
3 tbsp shortening, cut into small pieces.
1 tbsp mashed banana (reserved from 2/3 cup mashed banana)
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
Prepare the crumb topping: In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and salt. Cut shortening into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Larger crumbs are a bit more desirable. Stir in the mashed banana and set bowl aside.
Prepare the batter: In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, egg, bananas and vanilla. Pour flour mixture into banana mixture and stir until batter is just combined. Spoon into muffin tins, filling each 2/3 full. Top each muffin with crumb mixture, dividing it evenly.
Bake for 18-21 minutes, until a tester comes out clean and the muffins spring back when gently touched.
Makes 12 muffins

We added 1/2 cup of walnuts and 1/3 chocolate chips.Walnuts and banana goes really well.



As for my chocolate cupcakes, i'm really fussy when it comes to chocolate cakes, cupcakes anything chocolate and it has to be really moist and perfect if not i won't eat it. I wasn't in a mood to try any new chocolate cupcake recipes just to find out that the end result wasn't what i want it to be.




So i used
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil's food cake mix, and added chocolate chips in the middle of the batter while placing the batter into the cupcake holders. I made another batch of my Bailey's icing to top the chocolate cupcakes and it was finger licking good! *grins*



No comments: